The Ocean Observatories Initiative (OOI) is an NSF-funded facility, and the data are open access, so the community is made up of individuals of all ages, including both scientists and the general public. With that in mind, we ask that all members please follow these simple rules in order to create an atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable, and can help each other find and improve OOI content:
1) Answers to many of your questions may be found in the "General Questions" section, the OOI Glossary (http://oceanobservatories.org/glossary), or from other posts on the message boards. Please use the search functions, at the top right of each page, to attempt to find answers. If you are still having problems, or if your question is unique, go ahead and post it.
2) All the forums are categorized by topics. Please post your questions or messages in the appropriate forum. If a topic is posted in a forum that is not appropriate for the question, we may move it to a different forum. We will be happy to provide you with a link to the new location, and a reason why it was moved.
3) All help will be provided either in the forums or via the OOI Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Support cannot be guaranteed via personal message or email.
4) User names should not be email addresses, in order to protect user privacy and security.
5) Please do not post any copyrighted or offensive material on the forum (including in signatures or avatars).
6) All information and instructions given within these forums are done so using the best available knowledge. OOI is not liable for use of provided information.
-The OOI Staff